Ab PLC programming.

No -- RSLogix 500 is for SLC500/MicroLogix series processors.

For ControlLogix 5555 you need RSLogix 5000 software.

feel free to be confused ...

Greetings roxtech ...

my distinguished colleague OZEE is correct - you need RSLogix5000 ...

going a bit further:

if your system was originally programmed with Version 13 (for example) then you will need a copy of Version 13 in order to work with the existing program ... specifically, Version 16 (the latest available) will NOT work ... more specifically, programs written with one version are not compatible with any other version ...

also ... the “basic” programming language is ladder logic - but there are other formats available as “add-on options” ...

these options are Structured Text, Function Block Diagrams, and Sequential Function Charts ... these cannot be accessed with the standard (ladder logic only) software package ...

survival tip: find out what you need before you start buying anything ... in other words, it’s common to order the RSLogix5000 software and then find out that you still can’t work with an existing program file until you also order any “extra cost” options that the original programmer might have used ...

if you have more questions after reading this, post again and we’ll try to help ... your Allen-Bradley distributor should also be able to help you sort all of this out ...

Last edited:
Just as an addition to Ron's post about versions. RSLogix5000 software has multiple versions on the CD/DVD. When you install the software you could choose to install every version from V10 to today's current version 16. Or just the versions you need. When that is done the software will automatically switch versions as needed.

OG