problem linking a AB PLC5/15 with a PanelView 1200

bnelson3

Ok guys i was looking to see if anyone has any insight to what could be my problem:

what i have as a working PanelView1200(tested with a loaded program and connected to a working 5/40 the the other part of the program)

and i have a working 5/15 (but have never tested it with the panelview)

but my problem is that i am working adding a panel view to an old program. I have tried to do block transfer writes but the panelview is telling me that is not connected.. I did try assigning it as a rack and made sure my block transfers where listed in the panelview. I truly believe its something wrong with my settings in the PLC, I am not sure if i am assigning it properly as a rack(i think though) could someone out there be able to tell my what I/O setting i should use to make this all work? anything will help

Is the port you are connected to on the 5/15 set to RIO ?

check RIO connections - try reversing clear/blue cores at one end

check PLC RIO speed setting matches PanelView - 57K, 115K, 230K

I Have check to make sure the Cable works, and that they are both running at the same BAUD. i will though have to check to see if i do have that port set for RIO..

Some differences between the PLC-5/15 and the PLC-5/40 that might make the difference in your PanelView's connectivity:

The PLC-5/15 has only one RIO port (the bottom one), while the PLC-5/40 has three configurable DH+/RIO ports.

The PLC-5/15 supports 4 racks of I/O, the PLC-5/40 supports 16.

The PLC-5/15 can only run RIO at 57.6 kb/s, the PLC-5/40 can run it at 57.6, 115.2, or 230.4 kb/s.

What Rack Number, Rack Size, and Baud Rate is your PanelView set for ?

little farther along

Ok, so here is where i stand now...

I now have remote I/O working on the PLC 5/15, all that was i didn't have it in scanner. So thats working now. My new problem is that i seem to not be able to get a Block transfer to work between the PLC and the Panel View. All i am trying to do is send 2 words from the PLC and have the displayed on the screen. If anyone has a sample program that would be great or even if you just have some advice that would be good too.

Quick back log, the RIO light is green and the Panelview does say it is connected.