RS View Studio ME Edition

BrandonM

I have just uploaded a program file from a Panelview Plus 700. When it gets uploaded to the Folder the Extension is .MER. I was wondering if anyone knows how to convert this file to an .APA so that I can restore the application. I was on the Allen Bradley Knowledge base and wasn't having any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have FactoryTalk View Studio ME (formerly known as RSView Studio) version 5.0 AND the .mer file was created for the panelview firmware version 5, then you can import the .mer file into Studio, and re-create the project.

If the .mer file was created for an older firmware version, then you have to resort to the unofficial workaround described in the thread that Mark posted. Keep in mind that the old unofficial workaround does not restore 100% of the original project (I believe some things like alarm messages don't work)

Thanks for all the help, I did get it figured out but what a bad system, you shouldn't have to jump through that many hoops to get it done. But thanks again.