Download ie6

Mike Dyble

I need to download internet explorer v6 to put on a machine which has no internet connection, but which is connected to PLCs etc over ethernet.

All the links I have followed seem to consist of a 'stub' which then downloads the rest of it over the internet, which is obviously not going to work.

Anyone know where I can get the full app, not just the stub as a download.

BTW it has to be ie6 as machine is running win2000 Pro and an upgrade isnt possible, and i've tried Firefox but in this application it wont work (Remote view of Red lion displays over ethernet)

Yes this wont work as when you move the stub to the target machine it requires internet access which the target machine dosnt have. Unfortunatley I am also working on a corporate network so dont have full privilidges on the machine that has internet access. Firefox dosnt work, and its a known issue with red lion

Glad you found it.

Just for info - IE6 is packed with several RS products CD. You can use it to install.