Help with MP270B Protool to WinCC Flex conversion

STL???

Hi,
I need to switch two MP270B Protool projects over to WinCC Flexible.

I'm going to do this late tonight and i must have both ready for production start the following morning.

I have a few concerns which i'm hoping somebody more experienced with this could advise.

The project for both screens were created with Protool V6 SP3 and the WinCC version is 2007, Both panels are on old firmware circa 2003,2006

Here are the things i'm concerned about:

1. The Project converts fine and the migration log doesn't contain any errors/warnings - but reading about the setup of the flexible Alarm system,it requires a seperate acknowledgement memory area - Will the Protool style Alarms work?

2. How can i recover back to the protool project if the WinCC load is unsuccessful?

3. If i update the firmware to the latest version will i still be able to load a protool project in the panel?

Thanks in advance
Steve

STL??? said:
1. The Project converts fine and the migration log doesn't contain any errors/warnings - but reading about the setup of the flexible Alarm system,it requires a seperate acknowledgement memory area - Will the Protool style Alarms work?
They will already be converted to the new system with the same PLC adresses as before. The new is that what was before an alarm area pointer in Protool, will be an array tag in WinCC Flex.

STL??? said:
2. How can i recover back to the protool project if the WinCC load is unsuccessful?
You have to OS Update it back to the old firmware, then download from Protool.

STL??? said:
3. If i update the firmware to the latest version will i still be able to load a protool project in the panel?
Same answer as 2.

Sorry Jesper - one more question,

Can i OS update over Ethernet or is it a serial cable job?