Mitsubishi PLC FXon compatible with FX1n?

XIO

I have a problem on an old machine where the PLC was replaced from a FXon-24MT-DSS to a FX1n-24MT-DSS. The FXon is obsolete now that is why the new model. The problem is that the OIP does not seem to work properly. As far as I know this should be a direct replacement and the OIP should work fine... or am I missing something?.

Do not understand what you mean by OIP.
FX1N should execute a FX0N program with no problems, except timers.
Timers T32-T62 in FX0N/FX1S operate as 100ms timers if M8028 is Off or as 10ms timers if M8028 is On. In the latter case they should be replaced by timers in T200-T245 range in FX1N and M8028 coil should be deleted.
Also there is one 1ms timer T63 in FX0N/FX1S which does not exist in FX1N, but may be replaced by retentive 1ms timer T246-T249.

Hi

I would guess your OIP is an Operator Interface Panel (normally called HMI for Human Machine Interface)

I would also agree with Sergei. It is likely the PLC timers are used for some of the HMI functionality

Cheers

If indeed OIP means HMI, you dont say what brand.
Maybe this brand needs model specific drivers (only maybe)

And, while I'm on :) I am all for upgrading obsolete plc's
but in this case, an fxon with transistor outputs, unless any outputs are blown, is likely to chug on for years yet.
(no wear and tear on contacts)

And it seems in this case you have made more problems than you have cured.

Please explain more as to the problems with the hmi - then we can know for sure the true cause.

Actually, the FX0N should be replaced with matching FX1S, with no changes in the software.
However, only 800 steps program memory available in FX1S vs 2000 steps in FX0N.

Last edited:
It's always good I suppose to keep people who have navigated to this page in the loop, though... regardless of when the question was originally asked =D