WIndows CE and access (logging)

userxyz

Hi,

An MP277 panel that logs data in CSV format, that's what I have now. I did my best to achieve trustable data, now I want to do something with it.

CSV is a format that I don't like,

Is there a possibillity (scripting ?) to make a database file in the panel allready ??

Or how can I do this the best way...

The logged data in CSV format is now logged to a server adn to the flash card locally. Problem is that people who don't know much about the data, that they want to be able to ask (query's) data in access ..

You can open an Access file directly with Access and it will make it a table.

It is also possible to make a VBA script to do this for you.

Can the MP write to the csv while access has it open?

It may be best to have a copy of the CSV file to work with rather than the one being logged to.

Cheers

Hey

Thanks for you reply,

Every hour the actual logs on the flash are copied to a server. So opening shouldn't be a problem I think.

A script in VBA to open the CSV files automatically in a database and the writing query's on it... I understand the idea... but I'm unable to do this. Our IT dude can't either, he doesn't know much.

Gonna search for some coding examples

cjd1965 said:
You can open an Access file directly with Access and it will make it a table.

It is also possible to make a VBA script to do this for you.

Can the MP write to the csv while access has it open?

It may be best to have a copy of the CSV file to work with rather than the one being logged to.

Cheers

I have re read what I wrote and i meant to sat 'you can open a CSV file with Access'.

It will run a wizard.

Does your CSV file name change when it is copied over or does it over write the original?

Could you post a sample?