Mitsubishi Q Uploading Question

NBJamie99

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I am not new to PLC's but have been out of the game a bit and need to ask a simple question regarding a Mitsubishi Q processor.

The company I just hired in with has completed a machine for a customer, which included a password protected Mitsubishi Q processor. The Customer has requested the password in order to preform an upload, giving them a backup of the code.

This should only give them the bare logic, which could be downloaded in case of emergency, but will contain no comments or descriptors; is this correct?

I have tried to quickly locate some Mitsubishi documentation on the processor or the gx software that would state this fact, but have not been able to locate such a document. I now remember why I bookmarks the Mitsubishi documentation site two jobs ago.

Thanks,

Jamie

The Q series can (not always) have the comments in the CPU, so it could hold more the just the bare bones...The FX will just hold the basic code

downloading (some and selected) comments to CPU is possible but requires effort (someone has to make proper settings purposely). if you didn't do this part, comments are not in the CPU. you can simply try to read everything from it and see what you get.