S7 300 out to Motoman In

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey all,

I'm dealing with a S7 300 output module, mainly the "Simatic Top connect" Part # 6ES7 9240-0CA00-0AA0. I have one set up with the bottom row 24v, the middle row 0v, and the top would be the signal going out to a Motoman Robot input card. As far as I can tell from the documentation I can find this block actuates from the bottom row out of the top row. This would give me a 24v output. Which is what I don't understand. The motoman is a NPN system. There are no relays or converters in the line. Is there any other way to wire up the Motoman input card to accept PNP. It's hard for me to look into actual wiring, as the prints are not very detailed. Does anyone have an actual manual for this "Top Connect" I could not find one online.

From what I gather from another print it looks like you have your 24v on the bottom row and 0v on the middle row and when the output is turn on it closes a connection between 0 and 1, 2 and 3, 4 and 5 etc... is this correct???