Problem of connection between CPU212 and Pro/Tool

KevinLau

Dear all,
I am a new user of PLC. I am having a problem of the connection between my S7-200 CPU212 and the Pro/Tool. I can't change the memory value by the Pro/Tool. When I test the program in run-time, after I clicked a button which change the M0.0 value, it shows "Value could not be written to PLC". But I can change the memory value in the Chart Status in Step-7. Do I need to add a Area Pointer?Or I should assign some address for I/O in Step-7 first?

My setting of the "controllers" in Pro/Tool:
Driver:Simatic S7-200 V5.2
system:5x100ms
OP Parameters: Address:1
Interface: IP/MPI
Network Parameters: Profile:pPI
Baud Rate:9.6
HSA:126
Number of Masters:1
Communication peer:Address:2
Anyone can help me?
Thank a lot!

Best Regards,
Kevin

Check that the baud rate of the MPI cable and PLC and ProTool settings agree.

From memory the settings available are 9.6 19.2 & 187.5, but you can only use 187.5 with a CP5611 or similar card.

Check that CPU address IS 2, its the default, but check anyway.

Thanks for your reply,Mike.

The baud rate of the MPI cable is 9.6k which is match with ProTool and the CPU address is 2. But still having the same problem. I find that the ProTool is in demo version, will that affect and make the problem exist?

Check this

Dear Kevin,

Go to control panel-->Set PG/PC Interface.
Make sure you are selecting PC/PPI cable or PC adapter AUTO (Depends on your cable).
Make sure that the access point of the application is not Micro/WIN.
If it is, then make it S7 online.

I think I found what make the problem exist. I just find the following Q&A in Siemens' web-site:

QUESTION:
Can you connect the runtime version of ProTool/Pro with an S7-200 via PPI?

ANSWER:
ProTool V5.2 / SP 1 and lower:
In the description you have read that it is possible to connect the runtime version of ProTool/Pro with an S7-200 via PPI. But a PC/PPI cable is not sufficient for this. You need the CPs CP5411, CP5511, CP5611 or MPI on-board. Also, when using the PPI protocol, you should note that only one S7-200 controller can be addressed. With MPI you can use several controllers.

ProTool V5.2 / SP 2 and higher:
The following PC/PPI cable is released as a pure point-to-point interface between a ProTool/Pro Runtime (V5.2 / SP2 and higher) and a SIMATIC S7-200:
  • MLFB 6ES7 901-3BF20-0XA0
Unfortunately, I am using the V5.2 SP1 and haven't the CPs or MPI. I think I should upgrade my ProTool first. Any link to download the software?
Thanks all!

Last edited: