Siemens Incorrect IO Mapping

GOTESF

I'm using an ET200S with IM151-7 cpu as a standalone controller. I also have 8-point DIs and DOs. The IO modules are physically labeled like this (looking straight at them):
1 5
2 6
3 7
4 8
Each module correlates to a TB (points 1-8). When I do a point-to-point check, TB1-1 correlates to Input card 1 point 1, etc. as expected, across the board.
HOWEVER, when I monitor the plc in Step7, I realize that the IO is mapped incorrectly to the symbol list!! For example, IO Point indicators 1-4 on the actual module correlate to software points 1,3,5,7. And IO point indicators 5-8 correlate to software points 2,4,6,8.

WHAT'S GOING ON?!?! The hardware configuration seems to be correct, and you input the modules using the part number for crying out loud. The symbol table, you populate symbolically, and the mapping of points is done by the software. Why is this happening?

ANY HELP?!?

IO Point indicators 1-4 on the actual module correlate to software points 1,3,5,7. And IO point indicators 5-8 correlate to software points 2,4,6,8.

I did this job last year...actually 4 grouped I/O are as per ODD number side and EVEN numbered side.So your software is right ..not the Lebel..

The labels besides the LEDs refer to the terminal numbers (!).
Confusing indeed. However, you can rely on that the physical layout of the LEDs is the same as the physical layout of the i/o as seen from the front of the module.
The i/o program adress numbering typically follows this scheme, physically looking towards the front (for a 4-channel digital module):
.0 .1
.2 .3

You can see that the terminals and program addresses have nothing in common, partly because the i/o has the addresses ".0" and onwards and the terminals are labelled from "1" and onwards.

By the way, ALLWAYS look in the documentation for PLC hardware the first time you use it.

You can only have come to the conclusions that you have made by simply guessing and assuming.

JesperMP said:
By the way, ALLWAYS look in the documentation for PLC hardware the first time you use it.

Exactly, You can get right answer in the PLC manual /module manual.That manual is more specific for the answer.There is nothing to be confused.