Omron PLC Cables

skmok

Hi

I'm new to PLC so am hoping you guys can help.

I have a few different Omron PLC models that i need to communicate to and perform uploading and downloading of the program files to.

I have CPM1A, CJ1 and also CS1 series of PLC. Program i have is CX programmer.

My question is what are the cables i need to connect the PLC to the laptop? Is 1 cable used for all or each series of PLC need their own cable?

Someone recommend this CQM1-CIF01 RS232 Adaptor but someone else told me about host link. Is the hostlink same cable as the RS232 adaptor?

Thanks in advance for any advise and help from you guys here.

Regards

For the CJ1/CS1 I use either of the following Omron cables
CS1W-CN626 for the peripheral port
Omron special serial cable for the serial port (do not have the number)

For the CPM1A I use the Omron special serial cable and CPM1-FIF01 interface.
Someone else will give you other solutions for the CPM1A - I used that solution deliberately as it gave me a separate Omron serial cable for other uses. That particular CIF01 interface can also be used for Omron NT link to screens and gives me greater flexibility.

For CJ1/CS1 I also use a Promi Bluetooth serial port. I have 4 of these now and I can get away from everyone. You just have to set the serial port up properly first with the peripheral port cable.

Welcome to the forum skmok.

As always BobB is right on.

This link will provide the proper cable pinout:

Omron Universal 9 Pin cable at Mr.PLC.com

This cable will work with the Omron 9 pin serial connector.
The CPM1-CIF01 as mentioned will connect to the peripheral port
and convert that port for use with the cable above.

You can also use the CS1W-CN118 to convert the peripheral port on the CS1/CJ1 to use the cable shown above.

CX-Programmer will work with all of the plc's you listed.

Hope this will help.