PanelView Plus + Printer

OZEE

Can I print to a serial line-printer out of a PanelView Plus? I don't want to do screen prints, just plain ol' ASCII print...

Basically, we have a system where we print a report out of a BASIC module in a PLC5 system. Operator interface is an old PanelView 1200.

One of those old PV's has failed, so I need to replace it anyway. Ideally, I'd like to remove the old BASIC modules, too, and print the same report out of a new PanelView Plus.

Check out AB's knowedgebase - they have an article on there for this. Just search for 28334 and you will find the article.

OZEE said:
Can I print to a serial line-printer out of a PanelView Plus? I don't want to do screen prints, just plain ol' ASCII print...

Basically, we have a system where we print a report out of a BASIC module in a PLC5 system. Operator interface is an old PanelView 1200.

One of those old PV's has failed, so I need to replace it anyway. Ideally, I'd like to remove the old BASIC modules, too, and print the same report out of a new PanelView Plus.

You can only print alarms and messages from PV+ in an audit trail fashion.

curlyandshemp said:
You can only print alarms and messages from PV+ in an audit trail fashion.

You can, however, print out any string using a macro. You set the Tag column to the location of the printer (like {Channel1.Printer.SerialPort}) and then the Value column to the string you want to print (like " system\Date + system\Time + {[PLC]Printer_String})

Then you can set this macro up as a remote macro and trigger it from the PLC. Thats how I've done it when I needed to do it.

If you care, we used a Keltron Corp. LC series printer - panel mount.