changing timer preset

jeff s

Today i was asked to change some timers on an slc 5/03 with panel view 550.on one of the timers when i tried to change the preset would keep going back to the original preset.I even went to program mode,tried doing change as rung edit nothing seems to work, so my question is were could this preset be coming from I have never ran into this ?

Post your .rss file and tell us which timer you are trying to change.
Does the SLC5/03 have memory module?

Chances are, the timer's preset value is being set somewhere else in the program. This will override any change you try to make while online with the PLC.

Try this: search for the address T4:0.PRE (using the correct timer address of course). There may be a MOV instruction somewhere that is setting this value.

Thanks for the pointers,I will look for the preset address and mov instr.elsewhere within the program.I do not have a copy of the program with me or i would post, maybe tomorrow?

again,
thanks for the help

jeff s said:
Thanks for the pointers,I will look for the preset address and mov instr.elsewhere within the program.I do not have a copy of the program with me or i would post, maybe tomorrow?

again,
thanks for the help

We do this quite often in our programs. We have recipes and we indirectly address to data tables to get timer presets for timers that vary based on products. They can be tricky to track down if you don't know indirect addressing.

You can't change the timer preset directly - i.e. you can't write to T4:7.PRE

You need to write to a separte register, like N10:6, and then use the MOV command to move the value to the preset.