Has anyone installed XP Service Pack 3 yet?

MartB

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone had any problems with XP service pack 3 yet?
I'm toying with the idea of installing it but haven't really heard anything good or bad about it so far.

Looking for some opinions on this before I take the plunge.

I have it installed on all of our laptops and desktops and havent had any trouble yet so far.

I work mostly with AB.

I should have added that I'm using mostly Rockwell/AB software.

Anyone got any other comments about changes in windows generally? i.e. is it more stable?

I dont know if this will help but some of the programs we run weekly are rsnetworx for controlnet and devicenet, also we have plc5,slc and control logix processors wich use rslogix5,500,5000
and linx. We also use rsview32 and rsview me. All the latest versions.
We have not had any problems with any of these programs.

Now Vista on the other hand........ OUCH...............

That's GREAT information - thanks iggy!
Sounds like you're running a lot of the same software that we run - now all I got to do is make sure the rest of my guys are going to make the switch too.....

As for Vista, I heard from a local AB rep that it may be a while before they can support it properly (and that could be a big ouch as XP has stopped shipping with new laptops).

I found SP3 worked very well. Have now upgraded to Vista and have had very few problems so far. The only real problem has been an express card serial port that is a bit dicky. Went back to a USB/sreial convereter.

I run mainly Omron software and it is Vista compatable. Many are not.

Also have XP-Pro dual boot on my new laptop but have not had to revert to it.