Texas 505 CPU RS232 Communication's

ThePortLion

Hi

I hope there is someone can help me out on this one. I have
a Texas 505 CPU with an RS232 comm's port. I have a USB to Serial
converter cable but can't get it to work.
I've installed the drivers and in my device manager
under ports, appears a new port "USB to Serial Port" with COM4 address. Everything looks fine, yet no comm's. I've played about with the port speed with no luck. I'm using TiSoft with the Texas CPU.

Thanks in advance.

What type of PC and what OS, which 505 processor?
I found that the newer laptops do not work well, even the ones with "real" serial ports.

It's the lower power levels.

You need to check the dip switch settings on the plc, to determine the correct baud rate on your port also. When you launch TiSoft, are you specifying Port 4? The default is port 1.

Hi Ken

Thanks for quick response. I've just tried what u said and changed the com port to com 1 and I'm now communicating.
Thanks you very much, this has been driving me crazy.

My laptop with the serial port melted and i was in trouble,
thanks again.

TiSoft is somewhat long in the tooth. Default Com port is Port-1. But you can force it to use port-2, because the software is so old, I don't think you can use any other ports.

To use port two, just put a p2 after the startup command.

Example:

C:\TiSoft\Ti505.bat p2