Reccomended Joystick

Brijm

Lifetime Supporting Member
I wanted to see, if anyone had a distributor (preferably in the U.S.), for small industrial joysticks. It's going to be directly controlling a +/- 10V Proportional valve for loading logs from the deck to the re-saw. I was planning on a potentiometer, preferably with a center tap. It will be mounted, with 30.5mm buttons, so about that size would be best. Only need single axis, but would consider dual axis, if it is easier to get.

Any reccomendations are appreciated....

-Mur

Brijm,
Take a look at Penny and Giles line of products. Specifically, the JC150. It seems exactly what you're looking for.

Here's the URL:

http://www.pennyandgiles.com/products/products.asp?strAreaNo=402_9&intElement=1195

They're extremely reliable and durable, and when properly mounted, they're IP65 rated. A 42mm hole is needed, so it's a little bigger than the other buttons you want to use. The only other downside is that they need a relatively deep panel for mounting. This may or may not be an issue for you.

I've used them them several times for winch systems for flying performers in harnesses for theatrical productions (I build automation systems for theatrical and film special effects). I wouldn't use something that wasn't 100% reliable for something like that.

I hope that helps!

-Ryan Poethke

Thanks for all the reccomendations... I went with a ETI series J9 joystick, with inductive circuitry. I don't need high precision, just a little bit of speed control for a hydraulic log loader.

Thanks again

-MUR