Socket port number

MGuenette

Hi,

I'm actuall setting up communication between SICK barcode scanner and CLX using my ethernet network.

They ask me to setup a SOCKET number on the ethernet device of the barcode and use the same "Number" as INSTANCE in the config page of the message instruction programmed in the CLX.

I dont know what is a SOCKET number and I'm not able to find out the info that I need.

Thanks
Martin.

CLX with 1756-ENBT...I know that this card is not socket free, but I guess that it's possible to communicate with my barcode reader

thanks
Martin.

I'm not saying that it is not possible...at least not yet, but the ENBT does not support open sockets. So the barcode scanner will need to support Ethernet/IP, which is possible. What's the part number of the Sick?

Scanner CLV430
connected to device CDM 420-0101 DC
I added Ethernet card inside the communication module
The Ecard is made by C O M T R O 1 Model UP-1P (5-30V EM)
thanks
Martin

Last edited:
Martin,
We offer free technical support on our products, If SICK has been unable to assist with your configuration, I invite you to give me a call, and I can get you in touch with our technical support group.

Last edited: