Sorry about posting this question here:

piscis

Does anyone know if there is software that will perform automatic downloading of all the updated or new PDF files on specific websites?

Sometimes I find myself wasting too much time going to vendor’s website and keep up with their updated PDF reference material like:

Catalogs

Brochures

Spec Sheets

User Guides

White Papers, etc, ect.

Please let me know if this is software available for purchasing?

Thanks for the answer.

No, but you hit one of my hot buttons. so I'll rant

1) about the failure of those responsible for posting support documents to fail to clearly mark the document's revision or the date on the web, so that one doesn't have download it and then search for a date or document number to compare with what one already has. Some documents don't even get a date or rev. I don't know whether it's the webmaster who do the pages or the authors of the material or the 3rd parties who are hired to shovel stuff onto the web that results in the failure to properly identify documents, but the failure is pervasive and ubiquitous.

2) about the failure of companies to maintain an email list of interested parties who express the desire to be notified of updated support documents. I have stopped asking for such from our primary vendors, because my former requests resulted only in new product marketing releases or nothing at all.

I do maintain a small email list of 3-6 colleagues in other companies who use the same brands as we do and we email one another when we discover newly listed or posted support material: manauls, firmware updates, tech notes, whatever; as well as various GOTCHAS we discover in due course.

Dan

Ok Guys, not such tool exist yet. In that case then I will settle for this:

Let’s say I’m on a webpage that has 20 or more PDF files to choose from and download. Do I need to right click and choose “Save Target As” one by one OR is there software that will download all of these PDF for me with just one or two clicks?

Thanks for your answers.