Eurotherm 2408i

plcsoftvsd

Greetings,..

Has anybody worked with Eurotherm 2408i digital indicator before?

i have to use them as Milk volume indicators in our 90 kl silos.(items delivered without wiring diagrams).

I have downloaded the diagrams from the net, but have few queries..

There is 24 vdc two wire ( 4-20ma) pressure transmitter at the bottom of the silo which has to be hooked on to the indicator to have digital readout in litres.

Should i have to use a separate power supply for the transmitter, ( i dont see any 24vdc supply available on the 2408i)

What specific parameters have to be programmed in the Prog menu to enable conversion of mA signal to volume of milk?

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

baref00t25 said:
http://www.eurotherm.com/products/indicators/series_2000/2408i_doc.htm
This link has all the documentation for that device. Does the pressure transmitter have 2 wires total, or 4 wires total? If 2 wires, then just connect it to the 2408.

The link is not working. I have already downloaded the manuals.

It is 24 vdc two wire tranmitter but i dont see any onboard 24 vdc which means i have to provide 24 vdc supply and if yes, then how is the transmitter looped (on what terminals) and what parameters need to be set to have display of milk volume.

If it only has 2 wires, it is probably a loop powered device (doesnt need a seperate supply).

Try connecting the +24V DC of the control panel to the + of the transmitter. Connect the - of the tranmitter to the instrument + and connect - of the instrument to 0V DC of the control panel.

This shoud get your transmitter in the loop.

Cheers

I think you need to RTFM as they say. You are asking very basic questions which indicate you have not attempted to do it yourself.

What parameters have you tried?