Dynamic IO field WinccFlexible 2005

Hello all,

I have the following problem.
I need to display 250 names in a mp370 in alphabatic order.
The data must be stored in the plc, because i have 3 touchpanels and a scada application that all use the same data.
The names must be selectable, it are ship names so we know in the plc what ship is in, and the names must be editable.
I don't want to make 10 or 11 screens and display all the names.
It would be nice if there is a possibility to make some kind of combobox where the ships are displayed in alphabetic order.

Does anybody know how???

Greats,

Dennis de Jong

Hi Dennis,

You could use an array of strings in the PLC. The strings can be sorted in the PLC in alphabetic order. Declare a separate (smaller) array (or just one string) to show and edit the names on the HMI and just copy the data back and forth.
Activate the sorting after any edit session, for example, check whether the edit field has changed.
If you write what you want exaclty I could try to make you something over the weekend, assuming you use a Siemens PLC.

Groet, Gup

Last edited:
Hoi Gup,

I'm using a 319f.
If you have an example great.
I have made a db with a array of strings[30].
But i don't know how to put them in alphabetic order.
Then I need to show the array in a combobox in the MP370.
Hope you understand me, if you don,t please send me a message I'll say it in dutch.

Dennis