OT: Archestra IDE 2.1 Script Execution

RheinhardtP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi All,

Our Platform is Archestra IDE 2.1 SP1

I want to do a calculation on script execution times.We have alot of script running continuesly, indsead of on Datachage which i believe is the correct way to go and want to present a calculation where i determine the total execution time.We have about 49 000 Tags that are being scanned and about 30 000 objects executing +-60 lines of scripting each.

Does anybody know what the clock times are on script line execution.I have looked in the Object Viewer but there are no times being displayed it is set to 0.But i know these scripts are being executed on every scan and i believe this is putting unnecesary delays to my overall scan performance.

This is our current configuration.

Exspression : me.Scanstate

Trigger : Always On

TriggerPeriod : 1s

Here is my proposed triggerconfiguration

Exspression : me.StatusWord

Trigger : DataChange

Any advice will be appreciated.

Rheinhardt

Last edited:
What about doing the 1s scan of the object and then within the script check to see if the data has changed from the last time the object was scanned. If so, continue, otherwise don't execute the 60+ lines of code.