A-B Point IO Status with ControlLogix

tspisak

I have a bunch of point IO attached via Ethernet to a CompactLogix PLC. I'd like to know if the communications is functioning. Where are the Network Status and Point Bus Status bits located so I can post alarms when the IO isn't working correctely?

If you just want to know if one of the point i/o has lost comms use a GSV. Set the class name to "Module'. Set the Attribute Name to "Status". Set the Destination to a tag "Connections" and define it as a Integer type.

It will return the following:

Point I/O Communications
1 = All Loss
2 = Some Loss
3 = All Healthy
Use 1 or 2 in your alarm routine to indicate a fault.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1734-um011_-en-p.pdf

is the PDF for that adapter, read pages 5-21 and 5-22, there is slot status bits configured when you add the module in, there is on a system i done using controllogix, the book does not say it is only available on that platform

worth looking into, if it is not available then i am sure marks suggestion will work exaclty as you need this would just save you writing the GSV code.

cheers

myles