AB SLC serial cable?

imloggedin

Is the serial RS232 cable you use to connect to a SLC process a special cable? I was told it is, but in the past ive used 2 different cables that were not AB, just normal serial cables and they both worked.

nope nothing special about it other then it will fit in there when the front door is closed.

But I can never remeber if its a strait through cable or a null modem cable.

I'll guess here. If you are connecting a PC/Laptop to a SLC with a serial port (RS232 port ) then use a null modem cable. It does not have to be made by AB.
Some more info and we will not have to guess. What are you connecting the SLC to.

Last edited:
imloggedin said:
Yup connecting laptop (RS-232) to an SLC 5/04
See below for the pin-out. If you are just programming then pins 2,3 and 5 are all thats needed.
PinOut.jpg