:) :)

Martin IRL

Hi all,
I have to install a used “sprue picker” on an injection moulding machine, the picker is about 10 years old. It is controlled by s Mitsubishi melsec FX2-48MR PLC with what looks like a HMI attached (FX-D10U-E-001) but maybe this is a hand held programmer as it does not look like a HMI??
The only markings on the sprue picker are “GPR 450”.
What I would like to know is if any one has come across this type of sprue picker/robot with “GPR 450” markings, I would appreciate any information you might be able to share.
Also what software do I need to purchase to modify/reprogram this type of plc or is it to old?

Many thanks,
Martin

Martin,

This model of PLC is being phased out by Mitsubishi. However you can still get the software and hardware for it.

MEDOC is the cheap, DOS based programme or you can also use GX Developer, Windows based. Either way you will need the programming lead. SC-09 or check MRPLC.com for a pinout diagram.

The FX-D10V-E-100 does not sound familiar, but I think it is a data aquisition unit rather than a HMI. Checked through the manuals and could not find that part number.

Regards,

KenR.

FX-10DU-E

Martin,

While I have no personal experience with Mitsubishi PLCs, I did find reference to the FX-10DU-E in a programming manual from 1996. It indicates that this is both a Hand-Held programmer as well as a Data Access Unit. I went to the Mitsubishi Electric website but could not find any reference there.

Steve

Martin,
The "GPR 450" is most likely the model number of the sprue picker. The data access unit is for entering program sequences and time functions for the picker. You should not need to reprogram unless you want some other seqence from what is already available in the unit.

Is there a mfg name on this picker? Sounds like it might be an AAC.

Walt

Thanks guys for all your help.

Walt,
There is no mfg name or any other info on the unit which is strange
as it is a well built device. It uses SMC pneumatic components if that is of any more help. I am told it was bought new with a Engel moulding machine but the Engel people do know any thing about it.

I should be ok, but it would be nice to have some info on it.

Thanks,
Martin.

Boy, you can't get any more 'generic' than that!... :D

It may have started it's life as a Harmo HIM series robot. The carriage looks a LOT like a Harmo. If you scrape through the ugly blue paint and find orange, it's a Harmo. That's NOT the original junction box, so it's probably been retrofitted with different electronics.

I found a picture of an old Harmo robot at this used equipment dealer. Click HERE for the picture. Maybe?

beerchug

-Eric

I agree with Eric. Thats what it looks like to me to. Anyway to get a pic of the other side so we can see the control box? Being its a pnematic pick and place robot, changing out plc should be fairly straight forward.

However the only robots of this type I can recall using Mitsubishi is Automated Assemblies. Then again its been a while and I don't see many pnematic ones, mostly electric.

Eric...do you recall what Harmo used to use?

Walt

Waleye said:
However the only robots of this type I can recall using Mitsubishi is Automated Assemblies. Then again its been a while and I don't see many pnematic ones, mostly electric.

Eric...do you recall what Harmo used to use?

The few Dozen Harmos I used to work on used a Mitsubishi PLC (PM-314C). 56IN/48OUT (plus strobed outputs for a 3-digit display). I still have a manual. We had some custom programs in ours, and I actually still HAVE a ladder listing of the program!... :eek:

The main traverse beam in the photo does NOT look like a Harmo, as there were rollers to support the carriage rather than linear slides as shown in the photos. Also, I don't think Harmo ever offered a pneumatic X-axis. All the ones I've seen were motor driven (with an exposed gear rack that always wore out)... :rolleyes:

FYI, Harmo was represented by Conair in the US (Massachusetts).

I have a stong feeling that it's probably just a mutt... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Back
Top Bottom