modicon 884 and Taylor programing

denkop

I have problem with taylor programing software, when i want to conect to 884 controler i got message " Riciever timeout". My company have licensed version of this software, but I have this mesage whit backup copy of program, becose the computer whit original program is down. Is this program must again to be licensed or I make error somewhere else.

I think that your message "receiver timeout" means that your computer is not communicating with your PLC. You should check your cable connections and port configurations.

Port setings is ok, cable is good ( he is db9 to db25), i try to conect to PLC from Windows XP, I change setings for conenct to COM2 and program give me message " Transmiter timeout", that is becouse i don't have COM2 on computer.