very novice

Sornihill

hi all, I am very novice so maybe my questions will appear a little bit idiots but evry expert was a day a novice ...
first , i would like to undestand what does the "K" exactly do and if it does have a maximum , second , i would like to know also the difference between MOV and and the SFL(R)P (the shift)..
so i start with those 2 questions and i have much more but for the rest i will try to read more before writing them
and plz be the more clear possible that i can undestand
thanx

Helo Sornihill;

True, everyone here was once a novice.
Becoming an adept programmer (not many of us considers him/herself an expert)requires developping 2 sets of skills, useful when mixed with practice and patience: the abilty to search the manuals (to find answers to one's own questions), and the capacity to ask well-formulated questions (when manuals are not sufficient).
You original question needs a little bit of reworking; for example, what type of CPU are you working with, what is the programming software you are using? This would at least eliminate those of us who are not "experts" on your particular model of PLC, and possibly attract those who know something about it. You would better your chances of getting an answer.
Then you could explain in what context you need to use the instructions you are worried about, so those who have already worked with units like yours could offer precisions, alternatives
and tips on your project.
Please come back to us with more information,
Regards,
Daniel Chartier

thanx for your fast answer.. In fact , i am trying to undestand an automate (how it work etc) so i downloaded the programme on my computer(its made by mutsibuchi i think)
now there are many instruction affront of me, and since i am novice , i dont undestand them all , i tried to search on the web (and this exellent forum) but its not all clear since the discussion are made between people who have a minimum of knowldge..
and the most thing that is not clear to me is the "k" such having an instruction mov k2D001 k2D100 ( its just an exmple not sure that its really written)
and also the difference between MOV and SFL(R)P , I did almost undestand what it was made for , but i find them similar so what difference can be foud between them?
and thanx again , and sorry if i wasent clear , and if its the case , that because i dont know exactly what informations should be given to you ..so if you need one , i am here to give it to you

Sornihill said:
thanx for your fast answer.. In fact , i am trying to undestand an automate (how it work etc) so i downloaded the programme on my computer(its made by mutsibuchi i think)
now there are many instruction affront of me, and since i am novice , i dont undestand them all , i tried to search on the web (and this exellent forum) but its not all clear since the discussion are made between people who have a minimum of knowldge..
and the most thing that is not clear to me is the "k" such having an instruction mov k2D001 k2D100 ( its just an exmple not sure that its really written)
and also the difference between MOV and SFL(R)P , I did almost undestand what it was made for , but i find them similar so what difference can be foud between them?
and thanx again , and sorry if i wasent clear , and if its the case , that because i dont know exactly what informations should be given to you ..so if you need one , i am here to give it to you

You really must go on a course or study this in great detail to understand fully, but.....

The K in the Mitsubishi world is a constant, i fapplied to a timer K20 would be 20 Seconds for example, if applied to a data register it specifies the amount of data from the reference point so D200 K20 means from D200 for 20

The MOV function is a (MOV)e function and moves a piece of data from\to one location to another so MOV D200 D300 moves the contents of D200 to D300

The SFL is a (SH)ift (L)eft instruction and shifts data, so imagine a Shift starting at D200 for 100 items, D200 has the value 123 in it, when the shift happens 123 is moved to D201 and D200 is set to 0, make the shift again and 123 is moved to D202 and D200 and D201 are set to 0, now move another value into D200 and shift again, 123 is moved to D203 and the new value from D200 is moved to D201

Hope this makes sense, if not somebody who actually uses Mitsubishi a bit more might come along, i stopped using it 18 months ago and now use Modicon !!

Welcome to Mistubishi World.I suggest you to download some instuction manual from Mitsubishi Web.It can introduce every instruction for detail.