Ab Parts and duty charged at Canadian Border

Happeeman

Does anyone know what the applicable duties are to import AB Compactlogix parts to Canada? Is it covered under NAFTA?

Happeeman said:
Does anyone know what the applicable duties are to import AB Compactlogix parts to Canada? Is it covered under NAFTA?

If it's made in NA (Canada, US, Mexico), then you don't have to pay duty on the items in question. You will still have to pay a brokerage fee when it crosses the border. I didn't have to pay GST or PST on the AD parts I've got here.

If Customs opens or inspects the package you'll have to pay the $5 fee.

The duty rates for electronics are here:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2008/t2008-01/ch85-eng.pdf

I didn't pay any duty on any of my AD orders. I can't imagine a system where the brand would be considered important, but then again, it is CBSA.