CompactLogix Ethernet

Spartan10

Can a CompactLogix Ethernet module (1768-ENBT) be used as an adapter in a remote rack without requiring a processor in the remote rack?

Thanks.

I'm not sure that it can. I believe the 1768-enbt card is strictly for use with the L43 processor. I do know that the 1769-ADN (devicenet adapter) card works well for remote racks that i've used in many instances.

No, the 1768-ENBT cannot function as a remote I/O adapter. The 1768 I/O requires a 1768 CompactLogix processor.

LJBMatt is right - for remote Compact I/O, you can use DeviceNet (1769-SDN / ADN) or get Flex or Point I/O on Ethernet or ControlNet.

Similar Topics

I have a device that is currently connected to a UR 10 robot through a UR Cap and I would like to connect the device to an Allen Bradley...
Replies
Views
I have a device that is currently connected to a UR 10 robot through a UR Cap and I would like to connect the device to an Allen Bradley...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a requirement of communicating my 5380 CPU with Zebra ZT411 Printer. Is there any one who did this before ? Do we need to have...
Replies
Views
Has anyone worked with a Cosmo Air Leak Tester(LS r-902) with Ethernet/Ip, to connect to A Compact Logix, I´m doing a proyect with this equipment...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, A very important question: We are having trouble receiving analog output cards (5069-OF4) for our CompactLogix PLC racks. I am...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom