Wireless MPI (Siemens S7)

DeHulk

In a crane we have always problems working at te program cause it's difficult to work save using a PG while the crane is working !
So i wonder if there is an easy way to setup a wireless conection to the S7 using the MPI-port ?

DeHulk,

This is something that I looked into a little while ago to enable us to remotely monitor our S7 200's (all our 300's and 400's have ethernet cards fitted). I found a company that make a MPI/Profibus to ethernet convertor, using this we would then plug it into our wireless LAN system. The cost of these convertors was around £280 or 390 euros. As we already have a wireless LAN saturating our site this worked out as a very cheap option for us.

Our wireless LAN is setup using Breezecom Products and the MPI convertor is from Que Associates LTD. Click on convertors and then MPI to Ethernet.

This might give you some ideas

Paul

Another but probably slightly more expensive option would be to install a GSM modem on the MPI port at the plc and use Siemens Teleservice software to remote access the plc. This works very well and is a neat solution.

when i use such an adapter from MPI - ethernet ...
when you connect two PC's with wireless lan you can make settings at both PC ..but how about the connection to PLC ?

DeHulk

If you are referring to the MPI - ethernet converter as supplied by Que Associates LTD, See my first reply for the web site, then all the required drivers to enable you to connect to the PLC via simatic manager are supplied with the converter.

Paul