cause and effect

g.robert

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am required to supply a cause and effect diagram for my latest project. I have not done this before. I searched this site and found; http://www.skymark.com/resources/tools/cause.asp

I realize I could roll my own but am looking to expedite the process while having it NOT look like this is the first time I have done one. Can anyone else recommend a similar or better product? I would rather spend a few bucks to expedite a quality product than to struggle with this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi g,
Don't know whether this is applicable to your application as there are different c&e styles for different applications but we use the following table style to represent our cause and effects. In which case it can very simply be done in most office packages.
Sample C&E below
Sample%20C%26E.PNG

If this is completely non applicable to your situation then ignore me, however hope this helps.

If you have Microsoft PowerPoint or Visio, that will work. Really, all you are looking for is to develop a flow chart of questions, "If this happens - This is what would/may happen next". This may be a little more time consuming as you have to make your own chart, but cheaper than buying a full blown piece of software.

Hope this helped...

Todd.