Festo (Beck) FC20 Cable Pinout

shaunn

Hi All,

I have 2 Festo (Beck) FC20 small PLC's that look like they could be used for some kind of machine control. Very limited IO but still useful. I want to play with them and see what they can do, as I have the software disc that came with. However, I need a cable to connect them to my pc - DB9 to RJ11 by the looks of it.

Does anyone know the pinout of this cable? I have scoured the net but it doesn't look promising.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shaun.

shaunn said:
Hi All,

I have 2 Festo (Beck) FC20 small PLC's that look like they could be used for some kind of machine control. Very limited IO but still useful. I want to play with them and see what they can do, as I have the software disc that came with. However, I need a cable to connect them to my pc - DB9 to RJ11 by the looks of it.

Does anyone know the pinout of this cable? I have scoured the net but it doesn't look promising.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shaun.
Not sure if this helps (it may work, only if it is a DB9->RJ11 connector as you claim) but Automation Direct sells the cable for their own PLCs.
If you don't want to buy, you could find a pinout diagram on their site and make your own cable.
Not sure if it will work but can't see why not, only 4 pins to deal with on each side as the RJ11 can only use a max of 4 pins.