Mitsubishi E1151 HMI - Text Alignment

Pyran

Good Day Folks,
We have a project where we are using a Mitsubishi E1151 HMI as the front end of a PLC controlled ESD system.
I was pleasently surprised with how easy this HMI was to set up and develop mimic screens on, and would recommend it to any one looking for a simple HMI with basic alarm management. The MODBUS tables and internal variables where a breeze to set-up.

However, I do require assistance with one small functional gripe.
One one set of screens we require vertically aligned text and I simply cant find any way of doing it in the config software (E-Designer 7.40). If any one has any recommendations on how to show vertical text it would be much appreciated.
We looked at using image files instead of text however this would make the system largely unmaintainable (our end user is not great at keeping bits of software, images, documentation etc.). We also looked at using OLE however the config software seems not to be able to handle OLE objects.

Any bright ideas are eagerly anticipated!

You need to find the Align toolbar, or go to Layout..Align.. then choose the alignment method you require. The options are greyed out until you select the text you want to align. To select multiple items, hold down SHIFT and then select.

Sorry, didn't make myself clear, what I meant was that the text appears either rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise or aligned as follows:-
S
O
M
E
T
H
I
N
G

L
I
K
E

T
H
I
S

Sorry for the confusion.

I dont think you can do it.

I know this does not really help but i cant ever imagine why you would want to either, its horrible to read.

You would have to make each letter a separate text item, then align them as I described before. Not sure what it would look like though. After that you could group them and they would remain 'together'.