Siemens S5 How to know a special modules PW adress

bara_hence

I am currently working on an old machine with no comments in the program my question is? How do i know wich PW adresses the special modules and analog modules use??

I had similar problem with an IP266 module; download the user manuals from the siemens support site. Then trawl through the scanned pdf files for the info. You will find it :)

What system is it 115U or 135/155U?

If it is 115U then does it use an IM306 module, if so then addresses are set by DIP switch on the IM306, otherwise addresses are set by module position in rack, apart from IP modules which have the address set by a DIP switch on the module.

If it is 135U/155U then all addresses are set by means of DIP switches on the modules. Also if you have a really big system you may use the OW addresses as well as the PW addresses, this is set at a rack level. Only exception that comes to mind is IM308C profibus interface where all addresses are set by the configuration file held on the memory module.

bara_hence said:
I am currently working on an old machine with no comments in the program my question is? How do i know wich PW adresses the special modules and analog modules use??

Analogs start at PW128 and stop at PW254

In a Central rack, the PW would be:

Slot 0= PW128
Slot 1= PW144
Slot 2= PW160
Slot 3= PW176
Slot 4= PW192
Slot 5= PW208
Slot 6= PW224
Slot 7= PW240