6200 versus RsLogix

zqew05

OK, first thing, I'm very new to PLC's and still learning. I'm confident enough to do forces, toggle bits, AFI's, and change setpoints when troubleshooting a problematic engine. Anything beyond that, I go hunt down a real Automation guy. This issue has even stumped them: My engines have 1771 PLC's but uses Bently Nevada 2201 vibration cards designed to fit in a 1771 chassis. The alarm and shutdown setpoints are in the 2201, sent to the AB PLC where it goes into a timer to trigger a bit. By fiddling around the 6200 program I was able to go into a section where I can read the BNC 2201 vibe card and change the vibe setpoints, but I can't do it on RsLogix. If I play long enough with 6200, I'll be able to reconstruct and write down what I did and pass a note to the Automation guy. My question is: will I be able to get into the 2201 Vibe card using RsLogix 5? It's been raining for almost 3 weeks down South, time to buy me a boat !!

The feature you probably saw in 6200 software was a special entry in the IOCONFIG application that helps show you a structured view of the block transfer source and destination data tables that PLC-5's exchange with smart modules like the Bently-Nevada 2201.

Most A-B analog modules have entries in this IOCONFIG window, and there was a trick to importing and turning on a file to include the 2201's as well.

But that feature never got added to RSLogix 5. To view the setup values for these modules you're going to have to determine the source files for the Block Transfer Write (BTW) instructions that go to their slots and interpret them with a user manual. I think that Bently-Nevada also had some software that would "pass through" the PLC-5 to configure those modules.

What are you looking for direction on; how to backtrack in 6200 to the area you had the Bently configuration screens, or how to find the equivalent information in RSLogix 5 ?