HEX/ASCII PC <--->PLC

Marcuss

Hello fellow programmers!

Looking for some help, or shed some light on the following application.

We've got an application, that requires interface to a garden variety PC via it's serial port (RS-232). This PC is running a third party, custom developed, kiosk software (water dispenser).

Said PC needs to read/write data to a local Twido controller, which is setup to read/control the associated instruments & end devices.

Sample Data:
Credit Card Processing: Kiosk ---> PLC 02,31,31,31,03
Authorization Fail: Kiosk ---> PLC

Transaction Amount: PLC ---> Kiosk
02,31,32,31,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX, 03

XX= Price, Dollar amounts are zero based with 5 characters ($10.00 = 01000)

Thanks in advance & cheers!!
Marc

tragically1969 said:
So whats your issue ?

You have not stated what the problem is !!

Good point! I'm not sure how to go about messaging between the devices. As I've not done this before, it's a bit of a mystery to me.

Regards,
Marc

Hi,
Just a quick suggestion since I know nothing about twido and you are new to the forum. At the top of the page is a search button that you can enter a keyword, Type "twido" (without the quotes) in it to find posts that others have made. There may or may not be anything that applies to your situation but then again maybe so. Don't be discouraged, there are many good programmers on the forum, I'm sure someone will help.

I've searched rather throughly, here and abroad.... next step is to call Telemecanique Tech. Support I suppose.

Thanks!

I have no idea of Twido but I have used serial into a Momentum.

You us the MSTR instruction to read the port buffer into a table of registers. You then need to search the registers for data.

Usually the device sending data will have included header and tail sections and a checksum to validate the data.

The data will usually be in ASCII so you would have to convert it.

Sorry I have no idea what instructions a twido has.