Profibus Analog Setup??

RPax

Hi, was wondering if you could help. I have a slave module ET200 with 6ES7 331 7TF01 0AB0 AI module on Profibus that I am trying to set up. If the Slave only allows DPV0 with 2 wire transmitter, is it possible to modify the GSD File to allow us to select 4 wire or 2 wire (allow the card to power the analogue inputs). Or can this only be done by the manufacturer of the slave by doing a firmware ugrade or something similiar. Apprecaite any advice on this. Thanks - Rpax

In the STEP7 hardware configuration of the module, you open the Properties and locate the "Inputs" tab. Under that you will find many parameters to set including the "Measuring type", 4DMU (4 wire) or 2DMU (2 wire).

Hi Jesper, thanks for your reply, if in the Inputs tab it doesn't give me the option to select a 4DMU (4 wire), is it possible to modify the GSD File or can this only be dne by the manufacturer?.

My original master wasn't Siemens so I actually tried to install my GSD File (see attached) for the ET200 in Step 7 but then couldn't find the Module 6ES7 331 7TF01 0AB0 AI even though it is mentioned in the GSD File. Am I looking at the wrong ET200 in the menu? Again thanks for the help - Ronan

I can find the 6ES7 331-7TF00-0AB0 in my HW Catalog. The 7TF01 is probably just a minor update, so the configuration is probably the same.
For this module there is a selection of 2DMU or 4DMU in the properties.
I would contact Siemens to ask them why there is no HW update that matches the 7TF01 module.

As for the GSD file, I am no expert in deciphering these.

Hi Jesper, thanks for above, have found the 6ES7 331-7TF00-0AB0 module in my HW Catalog but still having a few problems locating or find "the "Measuring type", 4DMU (4 wire) or 2DMU (2 wire)". I have attached what I've got in my Step 7 in a picture file. Have I got the wrong Tap?. Thanks again for the help - Rpax