B&R - number of tasks

Hi!

I've had experience with both Mitsubishi, AB and some CodeSys PLCs. When I read the documentation, I can usually find figure for # of programs or # of tasks available.

I have been unable to find this for B&R PLCs -- I'm preparing for my first foray into using them. Trying to decide between the X20 -which I think is the low-end, and one of the other series, like the 2005, which is probably overkill, but I am trying to educate myself. Does anyone know these figures, or where they are documented? I haven't seen them in any of the datasheets or manuals I've opened so far...

B&R uses up to 8 cyclic task classes. These are similiar to AB Logix Periodic Tasks. Any number of tasks (AB equivalent of routines) may exist in the cyclic task classes. In a project last year we had about 150 tasks for controlling some 2000 I/O. Not aware of any limits to the number of tasks.

X20 has both high end and low end CPU's. The high end CPU's have similiar performance to 2005 CPU's. A X20CP1484 fits between 3CP340 and 3CP360. We mostly use a mix of 2005 / X20, mostly with 2005 CPU's since we have been using them since they were first available in the mid 1990's. Do not use 2003 or 2010.