NetLink Pro and OPC Server

S7Guy

Ok, I've been using a Softing NetLink Pro MPI-Ethernet adapter, and it works great. Now, I want to use it with an OPC Server. I tried the evaluation version of the latest DeltaLogic OPC Server that is supposed to be written specifically for the NetLink, but it has completely locked up my computer 5 times. I've installed, rebooted, uninstalled, etc. I give up.

So, has anyone used this specific adapter with a different OPC Server? I guess my next option would be to buy the Heimholz NetLink adapter (a different company) and use it with Kepware, but I'd rather use what I have.

Have you tried Simatic Net ?
Seriously, I once asked Deltalogic (I think Deltalogics and Softing's are the same) and they said it should work.
As far as I remember, they said that it would work with Simatic Net if you used a special way by combining "rack" and "slot" to specify which MPI address to connect to on the MPI side.