Program not running.

randyk

I have a panelview plus 600 that is not working. When you power it up the only thing that comes on the screen is copyright screen of rockwell automation. Was running fine and am not sure how this happened.

If it is not completing the self-tests then it is most likely a brick.

Could try disconnecting from comms/network and remove any CF card or USB stick if installed, and retry power-up.

HTH

I wonder if you could load a flash card with a new firmware and try flashing it. I can't remember at what point during the boot up process the firmware loads. It might be worth a shot.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711p-um001_-en-p.pdf
You might want to download instead of open these files, they are 15 megs and 7 megs in size. To download, Right-click on these links to download these manuals, then find the configuration instructions.
Try holding left and right arrows down at the same time to go to the configuration screen. If this works all may not be hopeless. Maybe you can reload the program, it's possible that the one in it is corrupted. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
My belief is that the screen you are seeing is the screen saver screen.
My guess is that the screen saver is set to a low time out value.

Sugestion for a remedy.
Get a keyboard with a USB plug on it, then connect it to your PV+ and push all these keys at the same time, < CTRL WINDOWS ALT DEL > this should get you to the configuration screen where you need to alter the screensaver time out.

Gil47 said:

Sugestion for a remedy.
Get a keyboard with a USB plug on it, then connect it to your PV+ and push all these keys at the same time, < CTRL WINDOWS ALT DEL > this should get you to the configuration screen where you need to alter the screensaver time out.
I 2nd this type of corrective action. Nothing to lose, no harm done.
dmroeder said:
I wonder if you could load a flash card with a new firmware and try flashing it. I can't remember at what point during the boot up process the firmware loads. It might be worth a shot.
It is worth a shot, I've ressurected PV+ terminals just by loading newer firmware. Just remember, you have to have the application on a PC. It will wipe out the application loaded on your terminal.

Gil47 said:

Sugestion for a remedy.
I have had 2 PV+ with screen saver issues. The first one I would have to cycle power to get the screen back. I disabled the screen saver. Well after a few months we think it got wet when someone left the top of the panel unclamped. So we get a replacement. I don't remember if I tried the screen saver on that one. But the panel got a surge that knocked out the 480v suppressors and hosed the PV+. So we did an exchange. This one I did enable the screen saver. Well after a couple of weeks I got to check the unit and no diaplay when pressing any key. I cycle power and it finally lights but it looks like the vertical sync is off. Like on a TV if you turn the vertical hold control way off. After a few minutes the scrolling is less then it finally locks in. I shut off the screen saver. I haven't heard of any complaints since. But this system isn't used much. If we continue to have problems I may look into the Red Lions.

Figured it out. Here is what happened, PLC took a spike and most of its firmware is gone. The only thing still there is the initial copyright startup screen. That is why it won't do anything else.