Japanese machine

grey

Hi
We have a 200/220 V milling machine to hook up. There is no Electrcial schematics as yet but we will try to get them. The total amps needed is about 45. The Question is can this machine be hooked up to a 3 ph 240 supply safely?
Or MUST it be 220V max.
Most machines have a choice, 240, 480 ...all this has is 200/220 V on the name plate.
Its made in Japan and has a Fanuc controller .
If anyone in the Industry has done similar could they let me know. It actually has a 240V wired sticker from previous unknown owner on it.
thx

adel

yes you still can hook it up to 240 v 3 phase because the differense is only 20 volts if u devide 20 by 220 it won't exceed 10% which is still safe for all the motors and control transformers and plc's, and i ve done that before with a 6 meter cnc planner which was made in Russia.

yes you still can hook it up to 240 v 3 phase because the differense is only 20 volts if u devide 20 by 220 it won't exceed 10% which is still safe for all the motors and control transformers and plc's, and i ve done that before with a 6 meter cnc planner which was made in Russia.

LOL, you just brought memories of a Japanesse CNC Milling Center we once purchase. Same situation. 220VAC specification and we were actually pushing about 260VAC. I was very hesitant to hook it up since we had invested quite a bit of money in it. I connected it and checked the control power which was extremely high so I didn't turn it on.

I called the tech and explained the situation to him. He calmly told me to "fi it up, it be fine". I again stressed me concern. He then screemed in the phone "You call me on friday evening then question my answer! FI IT UP!!! FI IT UP!!! fI IT UP!!!"

He then hung up on me. I started the machine and it ran fine :)

That is still our official start command when powering up a machine. "FI IT UP!!! FI IT UP!!! fI IT UP!!!"

Last edited:
ok thx

Ok thx , I was pretty sure it would be Ok.
I take it that is short for "Fire it up " and there was no fire . lol