Micrologix

Smith01

I have a micro logix file that has been sent to me that has an RSS extension, Should i be able to open this with RS 500 software. An error message comes up "unexpected file format". This could possibly be a version prblm or is there some other software i need for Micro Logix?? any assistance would be helpful i am sure.

You are correct .RSS is the RS500 format. If you can post it here, someone can try and open with a current or diffrent version then what you have.
I have 7.00 here.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Smith01 said:
Does Micrologix run on RS 500 program??
Yes.
RSLogix500 is used to program your Micrologix.

As Bob O stated, your error message is most likely a version issue.

Last edited:
Down towards the bottom in the reply window it gives you the option to attach a file.

Smith01 said:
I am using Version 6.00.00. I am new to this Can i attach a copy of the file and how do i do that

Zip your .RSS file. Then click on post reply. Scroll down and click on attach files.

Bob types faster then I.

Can some one see if they can open this file and tell me what version i need or if there is any other reason i can't open this?

Here is a PDF of just the ladder logix because it is too large.
I you like I can email the whole thing as a PDF.

Edit...It is a ML1100 so you will need newer software to open it, what exact version, I don't know.
At any rate you will need to upgrade your software and then you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Bob O I'll have a look at the ladder logic first and then see where i go from there. I appreciate your help, Can you see what version that the file is in by any chance?

I place an edit in my post above about the [ML100] MicroLogix 1100.

Good luck with your project.

No worries Bob O Just goes to show i should have read all of your message, thank you for being so patient, this is my first forum type comms so that is why i ask silly questions or the same thing twice. Thanks for your help once again.