Rated motor Voltage setting on Siemens Micromaster VFD

killer

I'm trying to decipher the manual on the Siemens Simovert Micromaster drive. I think this is the case, but I'd like someone else's opinion who has more experience.

Can I use the drive rated for input voltage of 575vac 3-phase, and then set it to run a motor rated for only a nameplate line voltage of 440VAC?

Using drive 6SE7014-5FB61.
Parameter P101 seems to suggest this but doesn't really specify.

Is it considered too obvious to actually specify? The drive I usually use (non Siemens) doesn't allow this.

killer said:
I'm trying to decipher the manual on the Siemens Simovert Micromaster drive. I think this is the case, but I'd like someone else's opinion who has more experience.

Can I use the drive rated for input voltage of 575vac 3-phase, and then set it to run a motor rated for only a nameplate line voltage of 440VAC?

Using drive 6SE7014-5FB61.
Parameter P101 seems to suggest this but doesn't really specify.

Is it considered too obvious to actually specify? The drive I usually use (non Siemens) doesn't allow this.
this's no a micromaster drive, is simovert masterdrive :>
yes you are right, you can use it with 440VAC motor by setting P101=440VAC, and you must have a supply voltage greater than 440VAC. and you have to specified it in P071 - Input unit line voltage

Thanks !!! That makes my life easy.

I'm new to this Siemens stuff and sometimes the manuals just don't make sense to me. (when I can actually find them)

A big word of caution on this, however. With an input voltage of 575VAC, the drive output pulses will be around 815V high instead of the usual 660V when the input is 480VAC.

These higher voltage pulses can be limited to the PWM equivalent of 480VAC but the pulse height will still be 815V. This places additional stress on the motor insulation and I would expect early motor failure as a result.

Placing a motor lead reactor between the drive and the motor will protect the motor somewhat and cause the reactor to deal with the pulses. I would definitely do this to protect the motor.

I got it to work. The drive monitor software was a big help.
No adverse effects noticed on the motor.

Thanks for all the advice.