Simatic S7 300 cable and manual needed

mordred

I've been having difficulty navigating the various Seimens websites to find the various manuals for the Simatic S7-300 also looking for the part number for the programming cable laptop is USB only I currently have the 1747-UIC (AB)and Omron-CIF31 converters (if either of these will manage the conversions) good luck right LOL
If anyone has a link to the manuals that would be great CPU is CPU315-2 DP

siemens pc adapter

you have to purchase Siemens PC adapter for communicating PG to PLC
Please find the deatils if u required.
Simatic S7 PC adapter USB
SIEMENS MODEL NUMBER 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0. For manual s you have to visit seimens site too

Thanks

well I thought this had what I needed if you click the 315-2 DP the site reports no manuals available Does anyone have a copy specific to the model??

Hello Mordred;

Go back to the link, click on the Item "CPUs", there are 48 manuals available, one of them should give you the informatioon you are looking for.
By the way, what info do you need, specifically? Hardware, programming, communications? Or something else? Siemens' website Search function is extremely good, just ask a specific question, it will point you in the right direction. But you have to know what you are looking for. Search for "S7-315 Hardware", for example.
Experiment a bit, you will find it is very informative.
By the way, manuals generally cover the whole S7-300 family, unless rere are specific functions implemented in a specific CPU model you will get information on S7-31x CPUs, or S7-31x-2DP, or S7-31x-2DP/PN...
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
After looking for a bit and realizing that the manuals described as 31x etc I was able to get the details I needed still learning the seimens products should be an interesting learning curve to pick up step 7 thanks for the help all