Red Lion G3... Changing Screen via program

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello Dan and other G3 boys and girls

Using the Web Server is it possible to change the screen? or can I change it via the PLC program? I have 4 different screens and it would be really nice to view anyone of the 4, not just the one that is active.

I am setting up a pass through to a MicroLogix (Ethernet) and I could toggle a bit, then can I map a few bits to change the screens?

If not could you put this on the list :) or am I missing something and its very easy to do...

Thanks

I don't know about the web server but the screen can be changed from the PLC program. It's not very straightforward because I don't think you can use a string variable or integer in the GotoPage command; it has to be hard-coded with the name of an existing display page. The way I usually get around this is by writing a short program using a switch statement and a handful of GotoPage commands. For example:

switch(PageNum){
case 1: GotoPage(Page1); break;
case 2: GotoPage(Page2); break;
case 3: GotoPage(Page3); break;
case 4: GotoPage(Page4); break;
}

The program can be triggered in a few different ways. You can set up a Change In Value trigger on the PageNum variable so that it will execute the switch program anytime the PageNum value (read from the PLC) changes. The problem with this solution is that if both the PLC and G3 are trying to control the screen, the trigger may not work all the time. A more reliable option may be to use an additional bit from the PLC that triggers the program every time it goes high; this would allow both the G3 and PLC to change screens without any confusion.

GIT,
It is possible to change screens using the WebServer.
Strange that the physical device screen changes along with the screen that is viewed remotely on the web page. I "freaked out" an operator the other day when I changed the screen remotely just after he had changed it. I was using regular goto page buttons. This function can be enabled or disabled in the WebServer setup page.
BD

In the Crimson software go to the Web Server, then on the Main tab Enable "Remote Control"

Give it a try, but might be better to write a custom web page. Do you need to flip between the 3 pages or have a summary page?

TWControls said:
In the Crimson software go to the Web Server, then on the Main tab Enable "Remote Control"

Kind of late are'nt you??.... :D
TWControls said:
Give it a try, but might be better to write a custom web page. Do you need to flip between the 3 pages or have a summary page?
Yes I have a page summary... you wrote the program, remember... LOL

This is the NSPS program :)

geniusintraining said:
Kind of late are'nt you??.... :D

Yes I have a page summary... you wrote the program, remember... LOL

This is the NSPS program :)
Try it...as long as there isn't normally anyone around the G3 it might work Ok. I usually leave it disabled to keep management from driving the operator crazy, but this is a unique situation since there really isn't an operator. When monitoring waste streams I usually enable it...why didn't you just ask me:whistle:

Thought we removed the summary page because it was too crowded.

I'll be finished around lunch time if all goes well today...with the exception of having my little helper with me the rest of the day, only a few more weeks to go:p. Will finish the AB and AD...then give you a call