National Society

gholder

I am a manufacturing engineer with limited PLC experience. I think that this site is a fantastic avenue for PLC and other manufacturing folks to share ideas.

I am located near Orlando, Florida, USA and I am interested in becoming a member in a national organization/society (maybe with a local chapter) that focuses on Controls/PLC/Systems Integration.

If someone could recommend such an organization, it would be greatly appreciated.

What's the matter, doesn't PLCS.net count?

gholder said:
I am interested in becoming a member in a national organization/society

:geek: Poof!, you're now a member in an INTERnational organization!... :D
[attachment]
I don't know of any that are specific to PLCs (or what good they'll do you), but others may know of some... :confused:

In any case, welcome to the 'club'. We're open 24/7... :site:

beerchug

-Eric

member.gif

This is my International confirmation as Eric told. We are waking here when you are sleeping there. Here are people from Australia, New Zealand, China, Indonesia etc. and they are waking earlier than I.
After one our, peoples in Europe waking up and after 2 ours also English and Norwegian.

http://www.finland.fi/

Thank you for your responses and the information given. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this international group. In the short time that I have been exposed to this forum I have learned quite a bit from you folks who share your knowledge.

My query was not an attempt to diminish the importance of this forum, but merely an attempt to determine whether there were organized physical gatherings of PLC folk from time to time in places where maybe I could attend.

By the way, I am finding the PLC Tutor book and the training videos extremely useful.

Thanks again and I hope to be helpful to someone else in the future.

:site: Rocks!!

Well if you want to travel, I guess we could all get together for a beer somewhere LOL

Imagine if we had a international get together.

There would be all the regular guru's at the bar not even mentioning PLC's

The infrequent visitors would be in a huddle discussing what they know about PLC's

And the lurkers would be outside at the open windows trying to listen in to what was being said. :D

Where would the students be?

Oh wait, I forgot, their invitations (conveniently) had the address of a different bar, across town!... :D

Only kidding... We love students!... :cool:

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. Some of us might regret the user names we've chosen. I know I'd get a kick out of seeing this sticker...
[attachment]

hello.gif