Siemens S7 PLC Profibus error

mvannantn

All the siemens drives are through profibus.Due to internal problem one of the drive was taken out from the network.Now i needs to run without this drive.But the OP is giving fault alarm that the profibus drive error of the removed drive.

its very urgent to run the machine. some one give your idea to set right our machine for production

Manivannan

Hi

If there is an alarm on the OP, then this means that there is programmed something I think.

Else, try this:

check the termination resistor, if it's the last drive on the network, then the previous one should be terminated, and else it's no prob.

Check Module Information if the CPU is in stop, look for wich OB's are asked. If OB87, then make OB87 and download it.

If you use feedbacksignals of the drive in your program to prevent to start the machine, then you'll need to make program changes...

mvannantn said:
All the siemens drives are through profibus.Due to internal problem one of the drive was taken out from the network.Now i needs to run without this drive.But the OP is giving fault alarm that the profibus drive error of the removed drive.

its very urgent to run the machine. some one give your idea to set right our machine for production

Manivannan

Hello manivannan.

What error is it that the OP displays ?
Are there no mechanical reasons why the machine cannot run without the drive ?

Anyway, if there is an interlock in the program that requires the drive to be present, then you should contact the original programmer. It is faster than trying to dissect a program made by someone else.

If the drive is being accessed using load/transfer instructions to the relevant PIW/PQW address you will have prevent these instructions from executing (by jumping around them for example).

Similarly, if SFC14/15 is being used to transfer data to/from the the drive and the error status being returned from the sfc is causing the error, you will need to jump around the processing for the missing drive.

(NB: I am assuming this is an S7-300/400 system)

OB's

Loading the Error OB's helps too I think

L D[AR2 said:
If the drive is being accessed using load/transfer instructions to the relevant PIW/PQW address you will have prevent these instructions from executing (by jumping around them for example).

Similarly, if SFC14/15 is being used to transfer data to/from the the drive and the error status being returned from the sfc is causing the error, you will need to jump around the processing for the missing drive.

(NB: I am assuming this is an S7-300/400 system)

Not unless you understand the full ramifications. For example if another drive falls off the bus then the machine will (try to) keep going causing possible damage.