Panelview Plus 1000 Decimal to Binary Conversion

mark73165

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I am currently using the PanelView Plus 1000 to poll a modbus device use Kepware drivers. The problem I have is I am polling a holding register "40020" which returns data in decimal format. To make sense of the data I need to convert this to binary. Can this be done using the PanelView's own expression editors or tag configuration. Thanks Mark

You can try to display your register as a text and bit by bit:

Example "register.3""register.2" "register.1" "register.0" etc, where 0,1,2,3 ..... are bit positions of register.

Just Tried Your Suggestion

When I do this it returns 0. at the moment the decimal value is 128 and 160. Will keep trying, thanks Mark

Never used a PV+, can you do word based logic?
Word AND or XOR functions?
Would be a lot of work, but possible.

IF (register & 1 ) = 1
THEN tagname0=TRUE;
ElseIF (register & 2 ) = 2
THEN tagname1=TRUE;

and so on.....

EndIF;

Last edited:
Mark, It works as i told you, send you two pics,

First one is what it is display in my PV700+, second pic is how i alias my register in this case is called COLOR.

uno.JPG

uno1.JPG

The bits are displayed as text and are like this: "three" "two""one" etc.

I am not using kepware but rslinx enterprise, my plc is a compact logix.