Kepware & Mitsi A1SJ71QE71N3-T

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I am struggling to get this to work (first time on this). I have folled the example on Kepwares driver help with no joy.

I have removed everyting from my plc rack apart from the ethernet module, and the lights flicker on the module when kepware is trying to read the data.

I have the comm.error light lit up on the module.

If I upload my PLC project is there anyone here who could take a peek?

Cheers

Hi again, made some headway, but the comms still fail when i run the kepware quick opc. I have created a single tag, D00005.

I have attached the latest PLC files and the kepware file for anyone who can give it a check over.

Cheers

Hi, I have experience using KEPServerEX to communicate with Mitsubishi plc, FX1S and FX2N. I'm using programming port for communication and so far it's working.

You can email KEPWare technical staff for further help. I did that too. They'll reply in a day.

Did you set the card up for TCP or UDP connections? for TCP you will need to configure error handling for the TCP Socket you are enableing for the server to connect to.

For UDP you do not have to do that.

The other important thinkg is to make sure you are using the latest version of the server and driver. There were changes made recently to improve operations.

hi cjd

is this your code? have you used special cards on Mitsubishi before?

first of all your card addressing and setup need to be done. the code attempts to use buffers for card starting at H6 (instruction "TO H6 K0 D100 K2" for example) which means that I/O for that card would have to be in same range (configuration shows 32 points which sounds right for this type of card. 32 points are 20hex or h20, in other words they are 0-31 or in hex 00..1F but since the start address is h60, that would be actually in X60-X7F, Y60-Y7F range).
Right after that there is a coil setting Y19. I don't see any I/O mapped to this plc and the way it's written this should be one of the Ethernet card I/Os (Y79 since h60+h19=h79).

Did a project recently with Q & Kep, could not get any joy with TCP, spoke to Kepware & they said UDP is the way to go.
You only one configuration in actual fact you don't even need that the one I have has melsec connections only (we ran in parallel with existing Scada).

Hi I have used he UDP protocol and revised my PLC file (latest in post # 3)

I have set all dip swiches as Kepware help. I have fitted the ethernet module to slot 6 of the CPU (header I/O starts at '90')

I suspect my PLC config is bad but the PLC goes into run.

Here is kepware help file sample code which i tried to copy, updating the header addresses and I/O to suit

1.png

2.png

All sorted. Kepware support did a fine job and told me that the final part of the device address should have been 255 instead of 1.

Thanks for everyones input

Cheers