panelview plus 1000 acting wierd

jimcav

hello

I have a micro logix 1500, net-eni and a panelview 1000 all on ethernet comms. my problem is a single bit on a certian screen acts as a toggle push button instead of a momentary push button. it is set up as momentary but when i push the button and watch it in the ladder it turns on and stays on i push it again and it turns off. i have tried changing the bit it self from b3/230 to b3/0 and i still get the same results it acts like a toggle not a momentary push button. HELP

thanks
jim cav

It sounds as if it is a ladder problem and not a PV problem. Look for the indicator bit on the pushbutton to see why it is staying in it's current state.

I guess make sure the PB is a momentary and not maintained. Usually with PV pushbuttons that are momentary i put a One-Shot after the bit that comes from the pv to avoid anyone leaning or holding on a momentary pushbutton. It seems though that something in your ladder is causing the bit to stay high.

What do you have for a hold time on the Momentary Button General properties?

Maybe it is too low and the communications are taxed to the point where it misses the message to write the release value.

Just a WAG...

when i am on line with the plc, i can press the momentary button release it and see the bit stay true in the ladder logic i did a find and it is not used in the program except for the push button. if some one is interested i will email the program.

Try deleting the button and then re make the button, maybe something in the make up of the button changed somewhere along the line.

That is a strangee one for sure Jim. post your program and follow what MartB stated. I'm sure it's something simple that we are all just missing.

Try copying a button that works as you want and replace the button that sticks. It really sounds like you have a maintained button on there. I've seen ethernet lag, but never to the point where it loses comms enough to not send the 'unlatch' from the button.